Denbigh School has the highest aspirations for your child, and we firmly believe that success in the classroom begins with great teaching.
Our approach to teaching and learning is based upon three key pillars – Consistency, Challenge, Inspiration.
This is underpinned by high expectations of student behaviour and engagement.
Teaching & Learning at Denbigh School should:
- Challenge all learners
- Have consistently high aspirations for all learners
- Adapt to assessment
- Recognise that students enjoy learning new things – words, facts, dates, skills etc.
- Have an emphasis on strong subject knowledge & cultural capital
- Inspire students to become lifelong learners
- Inspire students to continue to study a subject in the future
- Adhere to a set of common core principles to ensure a more consistent approach
- Have high expectations in terms of behaviour and engagement
At At Denbigh School we encourage all of our teachers to be reflective and to engage with the most up-to-date pedagogical research to inform their practice.
Use of Technology in Denbigh School
Denbigh School is one of only 48 Microsoft Showcase Schools in the country. This award reflects the importance we place on technology. We use Office 365 as our main digital platform and students can have free access to this at home as well as in school.
We encourage the use of digital platforms, such as Microsoft Teams, to enable students to access resources and well as receiving and submit homework. Students will receive training on how to access and use our digital platforms.
At Denbigh School, we will be using the SIMS App for parents/carers and students. It can be used to view a students’ timetable and homework, as well as some other useful information about the school. The SIMS App is also used to send Progress Reports and updates about student conduct in school.
Classrooms at Denbigh School have projectors and/or SMART boards to aid with teaching and learning. We have designated IT classrooms as well as mobile devices which can be used in other rooms.
Information including correspondence from the school, information presentations and general information about Denbigh School will be accessible from our website.